佳人教师教你十五个典雅的英语单词

  • A+
所属分类:商务英语

佳人教师教你十五个典雅的英语单词插图

08:14

中文广博精深,英文亦有典雅,今日总结15个美丽的英文单词,它们不是简略的意思,而是在描绘一种心境,一个状况。每个都温柔似风似水又似月,快拿小本本记下来吧!

Welcome back to English with Lucy.

我们好,等待回到"跟着 Lucy 学英语"。

Today I am going to teach you 15 beautiful English words that I think you should use more often.

今日我要教你15个我认为你们大约常常运用的秀丽英语单词。

I think we should all use them more often.

我认为咱们都大约常常运用它们。

I've selected these words because I find that they roll off the tongue, well, at least some of them do, and others just have really beautiful meanings.

我选了这些词,因为我发现这些词是我们常常信口开河的,至少其间的有些单词是这样的,而另一有些则是有着非常秀丽的意义。

Let's get started with the lesson.

让咱们初步上课吧!

The first beautiful English word that I think you should use more frequently is number one, appealing.

第一个秀丽的英语单词,我认为你大约更频频地运用是"appealing"。

Appealing.

招引人的。

I love the long /i: / sound.

我喜爱这个长长的/i:/音。

This means attractive or interesting.

它的意思是招引人的或风趣的。

An example, his rich vocabulary made him sound so appealing.

例如,他丰厚的词汇让他的话听起来很招引人。

This is a word that my mother uses quite a lot.

我母亲常常用这个词。

If she sees something delicious or smells some nice food, she'll always say, oh, that looks so appealing.

假定她看到或闻到一些甘旨的食物,她老是说,哦, 这看起来很招引人。

It appeals to me.

对我很有招引力。

It's appealing.

它是招引人的。

Number two is ineffable.

第二个"ineffable"。

Ineffable.

清楚明晰。

This means too great or beautiful to describe in words.

意思是太棒或太秀丽而无法用言语来描述。

Something so wonderful that you can't express how wonderful it is.

某些事物是如此的秀丽,致使于你无法表达它有多夸姣。

It's ineffable.

这是清楚明晰的。

An example.

举一个比方。

When I heard of their pregnancy, I was filled with ineffable joy.

当我传闻他们怀孕的时侯,我心里充溢了说不出的高兴。

Number three is nefarious.

第三个是"nefarious"。

Nefarious.

凶暴的。

I know a lot of learners of English struggle with the /e/ sound.

我晓得许多学英语的人都在与/e/音做斗争。

Now we are always taught to pronounce it as /e/ /a/, together, /e/.

如今咱们老是被教的发音是/e/ /a/,在一同 /e /。

However, lots of my students find it easier to think of it as an extension of an /e/ sound.

可是,我的许多学生发现把它了解为/e/音的延伸会更简略一些。

/a/ /a/.

Nefarious.

凶暴的。

It might not be what you find in a pronunciation book but if it helps you, then that's fine by me.

这可以不是你在发音书上所找到的,但假定对你有协助,我觉得是没疑问的。

Now this might be a beautiful word in my opinion, nefarious, but it doesn't have a very beautiful meaning.

这可以在我看来是一个秀丽的词
佳人教师教你十五个典雅的英语单词插图(1)
"nefarious",但它并没有啥秀丽的意义。

It means criminal or extremely bad.

它的意思是违法的或极坏的。

I like this word because I find it very expressive.

我喜爱这个词,因为我认为它很有体现力。

An example.

举个比方。

They hacked into my bank account and used the funds for nefarious purposes.

他们黑进了我的银行账户,并将资金用于凶暴的意图。

Criminal, extremely bad, extremely bad.

违法,非常坏,非常坏。

Number four is ethereal.

第四个是"ethereal"。

Ethereal.

缥缈的。

This means extremely light and beautiful;seeming to belong to another more spiritual world.

这意味着非常轻盈和秀丽,如同归于另一个更精力上的世界。

I think the word sounds beautiful but I think the meaning is amazing.

我觉得这个词读起来很美,但这个词的意义更是令人惊叹。

An example.

举个比方。

At sunrise, the London
佳人教师教你十五个典雅的英语单词插图(1)
skyline almost looks ethereal.

日出时,伦敦的天边线看起来几乎是飘渺的。

Number five, if you know me well, then you might understand why I love this word so much.

第五个假定你晓得我的话,那你就可以会理解我为啥这么喜爱这个词了。

It is epiphany.

就是"epiphany"。

Epiphany.

顿悟。

Can you guess why I like it?

你猜得到我为啥喜爱它吗?

It means a sudden and surprising moment of realisation.

它意味着一个俄然且令人惊奇的醒悟时刻。

I chose to name my pronunciation course after this word, Epiphany Language Studios.

我选择用这个词来命名我的发音课程,顿悟言语作业室。

This is because I want my students to have an epiphany, a moment of realisation and understanding when it comes to their language skills and their pronunciation.

这是因为我期望我的学生们在学?堑模杂锛记珊头⒁羰笨梢远傥颍簿褪怯懈隽旎岷土私獾氖笨獭?/span>

An example.

举个比方。

When she took the course, she had an epiphany and everything became clear.

当她上课时,她顿悟了 然后悉数都变得清楚了。

Number six, short, but sweet, angst.

佳人教师教你十五个典雅的英语单词插图(1)

第六个,简略但悦耳"angst"。

Angst.

惊骇。

It's a feeling of great worry or concern about your situation or your life.

这是一种对你的境况或日子极度担忧或许担忧的感触。

You often hear teenage angst.

你常常听到"少年烦恼"。

I wrote emotional poetry when I was full of teenage angst.

当我充溢少年烦恼时,我写下了心境化的诗。

Number seven is euphoria.

第七个是"euphoria"。

Euphoria.

狂喜。

This means an extremely strong feeling of excitement or happiness that usually only lasts a short while.

它的意思是感到极度的激动或开心,一般只持续很短的时刻。

An example.

举个比方。

After receiving the letter of acceptance, I was in a state of euphoria.

在收到选择告诉书后,我堕入了狂喜。

Number eight is cherish.

第8个是"cherish"。

Cherish.

珍惜。

This is a verb meaning to love someone or something very much and wanting to protect them or it.

这是一个动词,意思对错常喜爱或人或某物,而且一向想要关照它(们)。

An example.

举个比方。

I will always cherish the letter he wrote to me before he moved away.

我会永久保藏他搬走之前,写给我的那封信。

Number nine is eternity.

第九个是"eternity"。

Eternity.

永久。

This simply means time without end.

它的意思是没有止境的时刻。

For example, a mother's love lasts for eternity.

例如,母亲的爱是永久的。

Number 10 is quintessence.

第十个是"quintessence"。

Quintessence.

典型。

You may have heard it's adjective form before, quintessential, which is also very beautiful, but I think this one is used less frequently and I simply believe it should be used more frequently.

可以你之前传闻过它的描述词方法,"quintessential"典型的,相同很夸姣,但我认为这个词用的更少,我只是认为这个词大约被更频频的运用。

It's a very good word, quintessence.

这是个好单词"榜样"。

It means the perfect example of something.

它的意思是某件事的完满事例。

An example.

举个比方。

It was the quintessence of an English country cottage.

这是英国村庄小屋的典型。

If you see a perfect country cottage with beautiful light stone and roses up it, you can say that is the quintessence of an English country cottage.

假定你看到一个精美的村庄小屋,有着秀丽的发光石,而且长满了玫瑰,你可以说那就是一个英国村庄小屋的典型。

English country cottage.

英国村庄小屋。

That's a hard thing to say.

这读起来有点困难。

Try repeating that three times.

试偏重复三次。

Number 11 is plethora.

第十一个"plethora"。

Plethora.

过多。

This one does roll off the tongue, plethora.

这个的确常常挂在嘴边:过剩。

It means an amount that is greater than is needed or can be used.

它的意思是指数量比需要的,或要用掉的数量多。

For example.

举个比方。

The article contained a plethora of information.

这篇文章中包括过多的信息。

We're implying that there's slightly too much information, maybe in a good way, just so much information more than I could ever take in, a plethora of information.

咱们暗指这文章里的信息略微有点太多,可以方法是好的,只是信息太多了,跨越了我能吸收的,这是一种信息过剩。

That might be one of my all time favourites, actually, or this next one.

这个词可所以我一向以来最喜爱的单词之一。实践上,也可以最喜爱下一个。

Number 12, pristine.

第十二个"pristine"。

Pristine, oh, I love this word.

初始的,我超爱这个词。

It's so expressive.

它太有体现力了。

It means fresh and clean, as if new.

它的意思是簇新的和洁净的,就新的相同。

Her house was pristine.

她的房子是新的。

It's another that my mother uses a lot.

这也是我母亲常常用到的词。

Her house is always pristine, and that is true of my mother.

她的房子是老是一尘不染,我母亲的也是如此。

You could eat off her floors.

你可以在她的地板上吃东西。

Number 13 is surreptitiously.

第十三个是"surreptitiously"。

Surreptitiously.

悄然地。

It means in a quick or secret way so that people don't notice.

它的意思是快速的或许隐秘的,所以我们无法发觉。

An example.

举个比方。

She surreptitiously slid the check under his napkin.

她悄然地在餐巾下塞了一张支票。

Napkin is another word for serviette.

"napkin"是餐巾纸"servitte"的另一种说法。

Number 14 is dulcet.

第十四个是"dulcet"

Dulcet.

悦耳的。

This means sounding sweet or pleasant and it's often paired with tones.

它的意思是听上去很甜,很让人愉悦,而且它常常和腔调一同分配。

If you're talking about somebody's dulcet tones, it means their sweet voice.

假定你谈论或人的悦耳腔调,就是在夸他们声响好听。

An example, I can always recognise her dulcet tones.

举个比方,我老是能分辩出她悦耳的声响。

I can always recognise her lovely voice.

意思是说我总能听出她夸姣的声响。

And number 15, the last one is docile.

第十五个,最终一个是"docile"。

Docile.

温柔的。

This means quiet and easy to control.

意思是恬静而且简略掌控。

We often use it to talk about animals that are very sweet natured.

咱们常常用它描述生性非常温柔的动物。

An example.

举个比方。

The puppy is calm and incredibly docile, said no puppy owner ever.

小狗崽恬静而且难以相信的温柔。

My puppy was docile for the first week and then it was chaos for nearly a year and now he's completely docile again, not completely.

我的小狗崽第一个星期很温柔,然后接下来一年里就是一团糟,如今它又完全温柔了,也不能说完全吧。

发表评论

:?: :razz: :sad: :evil: :!: :smile: :oops: :grin: :eek: :shock: :???: :cool: :lol: :mad: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :idea: :arrow: :neutral: :cry: :mrgreen: