提高英语阅读能力,学习英语每天坚持读双语小说《猴爪》连载12

  • A+
所属分类:雅思托福

‘And we aren’t going to have stories about monkey’s paw!’Mrs. White said.

“咱们再也不信赖关于猴爪的故事了!”怀特太太说。

She was angry. ‘Why did we listen to your friend?’ she asked her husband.

她发火了。“为甚么咱们要信赖你的朋侪?”她问她的丈夫。

‘A monkey’s paw can’t give you things!’ she stopped but the two men did not answer her.

“一个猴爪不会给你带来任何工具的。”她不说了,但两个汉子没有回应她。

‘Thirty thousand pounds!’ she said quietly. ‘We needed that money.’

“30,000英镑!”她安静地说。“咱们必要那些钱。”

Just than Herbert looked at the clock and stood up.

就在这时候,郝伯特看看时候并站了起来。

‘I’m going to work.’ he said. ‘Perhaps the postman has got the money for you in a letter.

“我要去事情了。”他说。“或许邮差在一封信里把钱寄给你,

Remember, I want some of it too!’ Herbert laughed and his mother laughed too.

记着,我也想要一些!”郝伯特笑了,她的母亲也笑了。

‘Don’t laugh, son.’ Mr. White said. ‘Tom Morris is an old friend and he thinks the story is true. Perhaps it is.’

“别笑了,孩子,”怀特师长教师说。“汤姆·莫里斯是我的老朋侪了,既然他认为这个故事是真正的,或许就是真的。”

‘Well, leave some of the money for me,’ Herbert laughed again.

“好吧,给我也留下一些钱。”郝伯特又笑起来了。

His mother laughed too and she went to the door with him.

他的母亲也笑了起来并起家送儿子出门。

‘Goodbye, Mother,’ Herbert said happy.

“再会,妈妈。”郝伯特说。

‘Get some things nice for dinner this evening at the shops. I’m always hungry after a day at work.’

“到商铺买点好吃的晚饭,事情一天后我总感觉饿。”

‘I know you are!’ Mrs. White answered.

“我晓得!”怀特太太答复道。

Herbert left the house a walked quickly down the road.

郝伯特分开了家,沿着马路快阵势走。

His mother stood at the door for some time and watched him.

他的母亲站在门口目送他远去。

The winter sun was warm,
提高英语阅读能力,学习英语每天坚持读双语小说《猴爪》连载12插图
but suddenly she felt very cold.

冬季的阳光很和缓,但怀特太太却忽然感觉冷极了。

发表评论

:?: :razz: :sad: :evil: :!: :smile: :oops: :grin: :eek: :shock: :???: :cool: :lol: :mad: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :idea: :arrow: :neutral: :cry: :mrgreen: