商务英语- 如何写英语邮件 How to Write an Email in English

  • A+
所属分类:商务英语

Hi, I'm Mike. Welcome to Oxford Online English.

我们好,我是迈克。等待收看牛津在线英语视频课程。

In this lesson, you can learn how to write an email in English.

Do you need to write emails at work?

这节课你可以学习如何写英语邮件。你作业时需要写邮件吗?

Are you worried that your emails aren't clear, or that you make mistakes in English?

In this lesson, you can see how to write clear, natural-sounding emails easily and quickly.

你是不是忧虑用英语邮件写得不理解,或犯差错?

这节课你可以学习如何简略独便地写出内容清楚、表达天然的邮件。

We'll show you how to write an email in English from beginning to end, in simple, clear steps that you can follow right now! Let's start at the beginning.

如今咱们就自始至终地向你展示如何经过简略清楚的几个进程写出一封英语邮件。

咱们先说明邮件最初。

With emails, you can start like a letter. For example: "Dear Lina,", "Dear Sir/Madam," or "Dear Mr Hill,".

写邮件你可以像写信相同最初。例如:“亲爱的丽娜,”,“尊敬的先生/女士,”或许“尊敬的希尔先生,”。

However, emails are generally much less formal than letters.

Use a greeting with "dear" only if you're writing something formal.

不过,一般来说邮件要远没有函件正式。只需你写比照正式的内容时才用 Dear 来问好。

So, what else can you use? Many emails start with "hello", or "hi" plus the person's name.

那么你还可以用啥?许多邮件最初用 hello 或 hi 加上人名。

For example: "Hello," or "Hi Ryan,".

In many business emails, you'll follow the greeting with something like: "I hope you're well." or "How are you?"

例如:“你好,”或许“你好瑞恩,”。

许多商务邮件会在问好之后加上:“期望你悉数都好。”或许“你好啊。”

In business emails, these are simply polite phrases, and they don't generally need an answer.

For more informal emails, you can start with just the word "hi" or "hey", plus a comma.

商务邮件中,这些只是简略的礼貌用语,一般不需要回答。

更不正式的邮件可以最初只写 hi 或许 hey, 再加上个逗号。

You can also just write the person's name plus a comma.

This is a more professional style, even though it's more informal.

你也可以只写下人名再加上个逗号。比较下这种方法更专业点,即便也更不正式。

It's best with people you already know. For a very informal email, you might not need a greeting at all.

最佳是用在你现已知道的人的邮件中。非常不正式的邮件你可以完全不需要问好了。

This is also true if you're sending several emails to the same person in a short time.

You don't need to write a greeting every time.

假定你在短时刻内向同一自个发送多封邮件也相同是如此。

你不需要每次都写问好语。

Let's review quickly.

For very formal emails, use a greeting with dear plus a name, like a letter.

咱们快速温习一下吧。

非常正式的邮件要像函件那样运用问好语,即 dear 加上名字。

For most everyday emails, use either hello or hi plus a name.

For less formal emails, use hi or hey without a name, or don't use a greeting at all.

大大都往常邮件则用 hello 或 hi 加上名字。

不太正式的邮件用 hi 或 hey 不加名字,或许完全不必问好语了。

Okay, but what next? After your greeting, you should explain why you're writing.

好了,不过接下来呢?问好完你应当说明写邮件的缘由。

Make this as short as possible. If you're writing to someone who receives hundreds of emails every day, you need to make your purpose clear quickly.

这有些尽可以简略。假定你写信的目标每天要收到好几百封邮件,你需要快速说明写邮件的意图。

Someone who's very busy won't spend a lot of time trying to work out what you're trying to say!

How can you do this?

要是很忙的话,那人不会花多少时刻去弄清你想表达啥的。

你怎么写这段呢?

Start with a simple phrase, like: I'm writing regarding. . . I wanted to follow up on. . .

用简练的措词起头,例如:我写这封邮件是想谈谈……我想谈谈……的后续。

Or: I would like to ask about. . . These phrases are slightly more formal.

又如:我想问问……这些措词略微正式些。

Let's see how you could use them: I'm writing regarding the issues we've been having with our database system.

I wanted to follow up on our meeting last week and confirm our plans for this month.

看一看你如何来运用:我写这封邮件是想谈谈咱们在数据库体系上遇到的疑问。

我想谈谈上星期会议的后续作业,招认一下本月的方案。

I would like to ask about the new budget and whether this will affect our department.

In a more informal email, you wouldn't use a phrase like this.

我想问问有关新核算的疑问,这是不是会影响到咱们部分。

不太正式的邮件中则不必这类措词。

You might ask a more direct question or make a direct statement, like this: do you know when the database issues will be fixed?

Let's confirm our plans for this month.

你或许更直接地发问或陈述,例如:你晓得数据库的疑问啥时分能处置吗?咱们来招认下本月的方案吧。

Or: how will the new budget affect our department?

If you're writing because you want to find a solution to a problem, here are some useful phrases: "I'm concerned about. . ." or "I need to bring something to your attention."

又如:新核算对咱们部分会有啥样的影响?

假定因为你想找到疑问的处置办法才写邮件,那么这儿有些有用用语:“我很关怀……”或许“我期望你能留心到某事。”

Again, these are more formal phrases.

Let's see how you can use them: I'm concerned about the number of sick days staff have been taking recently.

相同这些都是比照正式的用语。

看看你怎么运用:我很关怀职工迩来休了多少病假。

I need to bring something to your attention: using outdated software puts us at risk of malware infections and data loss. No
商务英语- 如何写英语邮件 How to Write an Email in English插图
w it's your turn.

我期望你能留心到:运用过期软件咱们会冒着歹意软件感染和数据丢掉的风险。如今轮到你了。

Imagine that you're writing an email to your manager, colleague, or client.

You need to write an appropriate greeting, then write one or two sentences to explain why you're writing.

愿望下你在给司理、火伴或客户写邮件。

你需要写下适合的问好语,然后用一两句?得餍从始脑涤伞?

Pause the video and do it now! Start again when you've finished.

暂停视频,如今就写吧!写好了再持续观看。

Ready? Let's move on.

预备好了吗?咱们持续吧。

After you introduce why you're writing, you need to add more details and supporting information, so that your reader understands the situation you're describing.

Put this information in a new paragraph.

介绍完写邮件的缘由后,你需要说明更多的细节和辅佐信息,这样收件人可以理解你描绘的情况。这些信息写在新的一段。

This will make your email clear and easy to follow.

First, ask yourself what the person you're writing to needs to know.

这样你的邮件就清楚易读了。首要,先自问收件人需要晓得啥。

With emails, less is more.

No one wants to read a very long email, and it's hard to make yourself clear if you write too much.

关于邮件来说,简练就是美。

没人想读封冗长的邮件,假定你写得太多就很难表达理解。

So, try to limit yourself to two to three sentences. Put your most important point first.

所以试着捆绑自个只写两到三句话吧。先摆出你最重要的观念。

Let's look at some examples: I'm writing regarding the issues we've been having with our database.

看看一些比方:我写邮件是想谈谈数据库方面遇到的疑问。

Both clients and staff have been experiencing severe problems for several days now.

We are unable to update records or access information on customer interactions.

客户和职工这几天遭遭到了很严峻的疑问。咱们无法更新记载,也无法获得客户互动信息。

This is costing us large amounts of money, both in time spent trying to fix the problem, and in lost sales. Here's one more: I'm concerned about the number of sick days staff have been taking recently.

这致使咱们在批改疑问上花了不少时刻,也丢掉了不少出售额,因而丢掉许多金钱。还有个比方:我很关怀迩来职工请了多少假。

Staff in the IT department have taken a total of 44 sick days so far this month, compared to a total of 23 for last month, and just 18 for the previous month.

This is affecting productivity, and also placing a lot of stress on the employees who do come to work.

IT部分职工这个月当前现已请了一共44天的病假,上个月算计23天,上上个月才18天。这影响了出产功率,也对那些上班的职工构成了不小的压力。

In both cases, you're writing to describe a problem.

Your first sentence introduces the problem, and then your next paragraph gives more details.

两例都是你写邮件描绘疑问。第一句话介绍疑问,然后下一段中给出细节。

You can see that in both examples, we use just two sentences, but you can include a lot of useful information in two sentences.

If you have more than one point to make in your email, you can repeat this pattern: first put a short sentence to introduce your point, then add a paragraph with two to three sentences to add details.

你可以看到两个样例都是如此,咱们只用了两句话,却能包括许多有用信息。假定邮件中你要表达不止一个观念,你可以重复以下方法:先用一句简略的言语介绍观念,然后另起一段,用两三句话来弥补细节。

You can move from one point to another using a phrase like: there's one more thing I'd like to discuss with you. Regarding. . .

观念的变换可以用以下措词:还有一件事我想和你谈谈。关于……

Or: I'd also like to ask you about. . . Use one of these phrases to change the topic, and then introduce your next point.

又如:我想问问你……用其间一种措词劳仆谢论题,然后再介绍下一观念。

For example: there's one more thing I'd like to discuss with you.

It seems like the number of customer complaints has been increasing for three months. . .

例如:还有一件事我想和你谈谈。如同三个月来客户的投诉量在不断上升……

Now, you can practice. Take the email you started before.

如今你可以操练了。就用你之前起头的邮件。

Add a new paragraph, which should be two to three sentences long.

Add details to the point you introduced before.

添加新的一段,大约两到三句话长。为你此前介绍过的观念弥补细节。

Pause the video and do it now. If you want extra practice, add another topic to your email, using one of the linking phrases you just saw.

暂停视频,如今就写吧。假定你想额定再做操练,使用一种你方才学到的联接措词,为邮件再添加一个论题吧。

After you explain all the points you want to make, what should you do next?

When you write an email, you should make it clear what you expect from the person you're sending it to.

你说明了一切想要表达的观念,下一步你大约做啥?

写邮件时你应当很理解自个对收件人有着啥等待。

Even if you're writing just to give the other person some information, it's a good idea to make that clear. Put your call to action in a new paragraph.

即便你只是为了给别人供给一些信息才写的邮件,也最佳搞清上述疑问。新开一段写你需求行为。

Again, putting each thing in its own paragraph makes your email structured and easy to follow.

So, what can you write here?

重申一次,各种内容分期间表达,这样你的邮件就很有条理,简略阅览。

那么这段你可以怎么写?

First, let's consider situations where you need the other person to do something urgently.

You could say: please. . . by tomorrow at the latest.

首要,咱们思考一下你需要别人做某事比照紧迫的情况。你可以说:请最迟明日做……

As a matter of urgency, you need to. . . For example: please arrange a meeting of all department heads by tomorrow at the latest.

燃眉之急是你需要……例如:请最迟明日组织一切部分担任人开一次会。

As a matter of urgency, you need to contact all the clients who may have been affected by this data breach.

If your request is less urgent, you could use phrases such as: could you please. . . ?

燃眉之急是你需要和可以受数据泄露影响的一切客户联络一下。

假定你的恳求没那么紧迫,你可以用如下措词:能请你……?

I would like you to. . . For example: could you please talk to Matt in the HR department and clarify our options on this?

我期望你能……例如:能请你和人事部的马特谈谈,弄清咱们在此事上的选择吗?

I would like you to design a poster to inform staff about the new policies. With calls to action, you should think about your relationship with the person you're writing to.

我期望你能方案一款海报,奉告职工新方针的有关信息。你假定要需求行为,应当想想自个和收件人的联络。

For example, saying something like, "You need to. . ." or "I would like you to. . ." is relatively direct.

That's fine if you're a manager writing to one of your team, but it might sound inappropriate if you write that to your manager.

例如,写“你需要……”或许“我期望你能……”是相对而言更直接的。

假定你是司理,写给团队一员,那样没啥疑问,不过假定是你写给司理,那样听起来不大适合。

This also depends on the corporate culture where you work.

Generally, if you aren't sure, it's better to be less direct.

这也取决于你作业单位的公司文明。

一般来说,假定你不断定,最佳仍是宛转些。

For example: I suggest that you contact all clients who may have been affected by the data breach.

Can I ask you to design a poster to inform staff about the new policies?

例如:我主张你可以联络下可以受数据泄露影响的一切客户。我可以请你方案一款海陈述知职工新方针的有关信息吗?

But, be careful! Don't be so indirect that the other person doesn't understand what you need.

不过,要留心!不要太宛转了,致使其别人不理解你需要啥。

If you don't need a response from the other person, say something like: this is just to keep you updated.

This doesn't require any immediate response, but please keep an eye on the situation.

假定不需要别人回复,可以这么说:写这封邮件只是为了告诉你最新消息。

这样不需求对方当即回复,但请对方重视情况。

Now, it's your turn! Pause the video and add a call to action to the end of your email.

如今轮到你了!暂停视频,在邮件结束添写需求行为。

Think about who you're writing to, and make your call-to-action appropriately direct or indirect.

So, now you're nearly finished.

思考一下你要写给谁,你需求对方行为的表述不管直接或宛转都应恰当。

如今邮件你差不多要写完了。

What's left? Finish your email with a sign-off and your name.

还剩下啥?邮件最终写结束语和名字收尾。

You can use a lot of the same sign-offs you can use in a paper letter, such as: "Regards,", "Best Wishes," or "Kind Regards,". Like with greetings, you wouldn't generally use very formal sign-offs like "Yours Sincerely" in an email.

你可以用许多和纸质函件相同的结束语,例如:“此问候礼,”,“祝好,”或许“谨致问好,”。

和问好语相同,你一般不会在邮件里用“谨启”这类非常正式的结束语。

You might see it sometimes, but only in very formal emails.

Don't forget to write each word of your sign-off with a capital letter, and put a comma at the end.

你可以有时见到过,不过这只会呈如今非常正式的邮件中。

不要忘掉结束语每个词首字母都要大写,最终还要加上逗号。

The sign-offs you've just seen are neutral and can be used in almost any situation.

If you're writing something more informal, you might use a sign-off like: "Cheers," or "Take care,".

你方才见到的结束语都比照中性,可以用在绝大大都场合。

假定你写的内容不那么正式,你可以写如下的结束语:“再会,”或“保重,”。

In this case, you wouldn't capitalise each word, which is why care in "Take care" has a small "c". Like with greetings, you might not need a sign-off in an informal email.

这种情况下,你不必每个词都大写首字母,所以 Take care 中 care 的 c 是小写的。和问好语相同,非正式邮件中可以不需要结束语。

Just write your name at the bottom, or don't write anything at all! After you put your sign-off, add your name, and you've finished!

只需在底部写上名字,或许啥都不写!写上结束语,加上名字,邮件就写完了!

For example: "Regards, Vijay", "Cheers, Katya". Now you know how to write a clear, effective email in English.

例如:“此问候礼,维贾伊”,“再会,卡迪娅”。如今你学会了如何写一封内容清楚,作用不错的英语邮件了。

Let's put everything you've learned together.

To write an effective email in English, you need to: 1. Use an appropriate greeting.

咱们来把学过的一切内容汇总一下。写一封作用不错的英语邮件,你需要:一,运用适合的问好语。

2. Introduce your topic in a single sentence.

3. Add details to your topic in a short paragraph.

2,一句话介绍你的论题。

3,一小段为论题添加细节。

4. Add a call-to-action to explain what you need the other person to do. 5. Use an appropriate sign-off.

4,需求行为,说明你需要别人做啥。

5,运用适合的结束语。

Let's do a longer example together: Dear Lina, I need to bring something to your attention: many staff are using very weak passwords on their laptops and for database access.

Our work depends on keeping our clients' personal financial information safe.

咱们来举个长一点的比方:亲爱的丽娜,我期望你能留心到:许多职工在笔记本上登入数据库用的密码太简略。

咱们的作业取决于能否保证客户的自个财务信息平安。

If we lose our clients' trust on this issue, it will not be easy to recover.

I trust that you can see that it is better to take action now, rather than after something goes wrong.

假定咱们失掉客户在这件事上的信赖,就很难抵偿了。

我信赖你能理解不是出事之后而是如今就采纳行为。

I suggest we make a rule that passwords must be a specific length, and that staff must change their passwords at least once a month.

Please let me know what you think about this.

我主张咱们拟定规则,需求密码有必要抵达特定长度,而且职工有必要每月替换密码至少一次。

你对此有何观点请回复。

Regards, Vijay What do you think: could you write an email like this?

此问候礼,维贾伊 你有啥观点:你能写出这样的邮件吗?

Try it! Use words and phrases from the lesson.

试一试!用这节课学的词汇和措词。

Remember to organise your email into paragraphs, like we showed you.

This will make it easier to keep your ideas structured and clear.

记住邮件分段组织言语,仿照咱们给你展示的比方。

这样既有条理又清楚地表述观念就愈加简略了。

For more free English lessons check out our website: Oxford Online English. com

Thanks for watching!

发表评论

:?: :razz: :sad: :evil: :!: :smile: :oops: :grin: :eek: :shock: :???: :cool: :lol: :mad: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :idea: :arrow: :neutral: :cry: :mrgreen: